Thursday, February 20, 2014
One of my besties is having her first girl..she already has 3 boys, so this little princess-to-be is sure to be spoiled rotten!!! I've decided to take this opportunity to make my very first baby blanket! I hope it turns out nice, because I really feel like it's time for me to branch out from hats and scarves lol. 
I purchased some super soft yarn from Tokai Craft Heart, which is a little craft store here in Okinawa. The choices of yarn there were amazing and plentiful. Thankfully I knew I wanted light pink and grey, which are the colors Heather chose for her baby girl. She's also doing a dragonfly theme, so I may try and find a pattern that incorporates that as well. 
Anyway, back to the yarn. I have no idea what the label says, but some googling led me here and helped me at least translate that it's best used with a Japanese sz 6 hook, which is a US 3.5mm. I'm actually using a sz 5mm hook..shhh ;)
Here's a little shot of how it's coming along. I'm doing 3 rows of each color, and have another, darker grey to incorporate as well :)
But wait, there's more!!! The pattern I'm using...free!!! It's the Chevron Crochet Baby Blanket found here by The Experimental Home. Thanks so much for this great pattern!




0 comments:

Translate

Stalk Me :)

 photo glacier_facebook.png photo glacier_instagram.png  photo glacier_pinterest.png  photo glacier_etsy.png

Follow My Blog

Commercial Use Resources

I get the cutest handwriting fonts at Fonts for Peas! kevinandamanda.com/fonts
 photo 287hshu.png

Contributors

Powered by Blogger.